Larmenier & Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is a Voluntary Aided (VA) school under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Westminster.
The Governors are the strategic leaders of the school and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. Their purpose is to conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement.
The Governing Board has a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure the school’s money is well spent.
The Headteacher is responsible for the educational performance of the school and the internal organisation, management and control of the school.
The structure and membership of the Governing Board is as follows:
- Headteacher Governor
- Eight Foundation Governors (appointed by the Archbishop of Westminster)
- One Local Authority (LA) Governor (appointed by the Local Authority – Hammersmith & Fulham)
- One Staff Governor (elected by the teaching staff)
- Two Parent Governors (elected by the parents of children attending the school)
- One Co-Opted Governor (appointed by the Governing Board)
Governing Board and Related Committees
- Full Governing Board – Chaired by Elodie Brian
- Finance & Resources – Chaired by Fernando Garrido
- Admissions – Chaired by Fleur Gallwey
- Curriculum, Pupils, Parents and Community – Chaired by Tom Teatum