Larmenier & Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is a Voluntary Aided (VA) school under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Westminster. The Governors are the strategic leaders of the school and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. Their purpose is to conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement.
The Governing Board has a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure the school’s money is well spent.
The Headteacher is responsible for the educational performance of the school and the internal organisation, management and control of the school.
The Governors’ Fund
As a VA school, funding relating to capital works (i.e. building maintenance and development) is capped at 90% by central government. In order for schools to maintain their VA status, they are therefore required to fund the remaining 10% of their capital budget from voluntary contributions. In an attempt to make up this shortfall in funding, like many other VA schools, Larmenier & Sacred Heart has a Governors’ Fund, funded by parental donations, which helps to pay for the cost of capital projects and to provide additional funds for on-going school improvement.
How does the School Benefit?
Throughout its history, Larmenier & Sacred Heart has been privileged to have an extremely generous community of parents / carers who have invested in the school for the benefit of all pupils. This financial support has helped the school to provide an excellent and stimulating learning environment which is well resourced and meets the demands of the curriculum and the many enrichment opportunities on offer.
In recent years, these funds have supported the school in financing the building of an additional multi-purpose teaching space and dining hall. Recently, a programme of redecoration was undertaken and a further building extension project undertaken. The latter provides a quality space for teachers to undertake planning and preparation work to support learning and teaching.
How can Parents Contribute?
All families with children at our school are invited to make a voluntary contribution to the Governors’ Fund. This may take the form of either a one-off payment or a regular (monthly/quarterly/annual) contribution. We ask that qualifying UK taxpayers choosing to donate to the Governors’ Fund also complete a Gift Aid form which will add 25% to the value of your donation – at no extra cost to you.
You can contribute to the Governors’ Fund in one of the following ways:
- Via School Gateway (using your existing login details).
- By standing order (send the attached standing order form directly to your bank, or use the details to set up a standing order electronically).
- In the form of a cheque made payable to ‘Larmenier and Sacred Heart Governors Account’.
- As a cash donation (handed in to a member of the admin team at the main entrance)
If you are a UK Taxpayer, we encourage you to complete a Gift Aid form (attached) and to return it to the school office so that the school can claim an additional 25% on your donation.
The Governing Board would like to thank parents for their continuing and loyal support of our school which is greatly valued and will enable us to maintain the high standard of education which is offered to all pupils at Larmenier & Sacred Heart.