Computing at Larmenier and Sacred Heart is divided into three areas: Digital Literacy, Computer Science and Information Technology. Digital Literacy is composed of the following 8 aspects, and the children’s learning builds progressively from Reception to Year 6 across the aspects:
- Staying Safe Online
- Personal Information and Digital Footprint
- Digital Lifestyle and Well-being
- Searching and Evaluating Online
- Using and Sharing Content Online
- Digital Citizenship and Cyber-Bullying
- Communicating Online
Staying Safe Online
We make use of the Thinkuknow resources from CEOP (The Child Exploitation and Online Protection command of the National Crime Agency) to teach the Staying Safe Online aspect of Digital Literacy. We encourage parents / carers to review any information about the resources available on the Thinkuknow site, and reflect on how they can reinforce and compliment what the children have learned at home once they have been introduced to the resources at school.
- In EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2, the children watch the animations and complete activities from “Jesse and Friends”.
- In Year 3, the children watch an animation and complete activities from the “Lee and Kim” resource.
- In Year 4, the children watch animations and complete an activity book from “Play Like Share”
- In Year 5, the children are introduced to Thinkuknow resources related to Livestreaming. Thinkuknow have prepared a page of information for parents/carers on Livestreaming.
- And in Year 6, the Thinkuknow “Jigsaw” resource is used.
We encourage parents/carers with questions or concerns to speak to one of the online safety officers (Mr. A Ross, Miss C Davis).