Skip to Content

School Governors & Governors' Fund

The Governors are the strategic leaders of the school and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. Their purpose is to conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement.

The Governing Board have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:

  • Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
  • Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
  • Overseeing the finacial performance of the school and making sure its money is spent well.

The Headteacher is responsible for the educational performance of the school and the internal organisation, management and control of the school.


The structure of the Governing Board is as follows:

Headteacher Governor

Eight Foundation Governors (appointed by the Archbishop of Westminster)

One Local Authority (LA) Governor (appointed by the LA - Hammersmith & Fulham)

One Staff Governor (elected by the teaching staff)

Two Parent Governors (elected by the parents of children attending the school)

One Co-Opted Governor (appointed by the Governing Board)


Click to view the Larmenier & Sacred Heart Governing Board register of pecuniary interests.


 Governors attendance: attendance_2017-18.pdf


Larmenier & Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is a Voluntary Aided (VA) school under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Westminster. You may be unaware that VA schools receive 90% of their funding from central government each year but that, in order to maintain their VA status, they are required to fund the remaining 10% of their capital budget from voluntary contributions.

In an attempt to make up this shortfall in funding, like many other VA schools, Larmenier & Sacred Heart has a Governors' Fund, funded by parental donations, which helps to pay for the cost of capital projects and to provide additional funds for ongoing school improvement.

Throughout its history, Larmenier & Sacred Heart has been privileged to have an extremely generous community of parents/carers who have invested in the school for the benefit of all pupils.

All families with children at our school are therefore invited to make a voluntary contribution to the Governors' Fund. This may take the form of either a one-off payment or a regular (monthly/quarterly/annual) contribution.

We ask that qualifying UK taxpayers choosing to donate to the Governors' Fund also complete a Gift Aid form which will add 25% to the value of your donation - at no extra cost to you.

On behalf of the Governing Board, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your continuing and loyal support of our school which is greatly valued and will enable us to maintain the high standard of education which is offered to all pupils at Larmenier & Sacred Heart.

Mrs Lisa Howard, Chair of Governors


Gift Aid Form gift_aid_form_-_updated_may_2018.pdf

Standing Order Form standing_order_form.pdf